Friday 16 November 2007

The third Thursday in November

A few days ago, I went to the local wine shop (cave) for our regular box of Bergerac rouge (five litres for €14 - and very nice it is too).

While I was there, the owner invited me to his Beaujolais Nouveau soirée. Which, of course, I accepted. "Is it any good this year?" I asked. "Well," he chuckled knowingly, "it's not Margaux."

(I'd love to know what he meant.)

Yesterday being the third Thursday in November, I went along.


And tasted the new wine, accompanied by free soup, nibbles and this man...


It was easily nice enough to bring back the most expensive bottle for the evening - a slight extravagance at €5.65 for 75 cl.

It certainly wasn't the Margaux. I left that in the shop, with its €42 price tag still attached.

No comments: