Saturday, 19 May 2012
Inside the tree bog
This is the dry fit of the seating area. I ended up using the same tongue-and-groove as the flooring instead of ply, partly because of the horrible glue used to make ply, partly because I didn't know what finish to use so it could be cleaned easily, and partly because - at €39 per square metre - it was far too expensive. (Also, I think ply always looks a bit naff.)
On the left you'll see some trim I'm going to use to finish the bog. I've never used trim before, but the pine is from trees only a couple of hours away from here and it should look excellent.
(It'll also give me an easy headline for a blog post next week.)