Monday 21 June 2010

This year's pigs

We went to the north of the Dordogne today. Met new people. Drove on new roads. And brought back two castrated males who have taken up residence in the still-going-strong Ark One. Here's a picture Boy took of me, looking alarmingly like my dad:


And here's one I took of him in revenge:


One interesting thing (of many) that came out of this most relaxing ever of pig preparation times was this: When I finished fencing in a fairly random piece of woodland, I immediately saw the enclosed trees as individuals (eg, 'Oh, wow - there are six large pines here') instead of just a bunch of trees in the woods.

It may have something to do with the 'can't see the wood for the trees' expression I'm still trying to understand. It may not. Like I say, I'm still working on it.

No comments: