Tuesday 4 May 2010

Promises, promises

One of the problems with blogs and blogging is that new readers don't know what the hell's going on until they've read the previous post. A kind of reverse narrative causality, if you like. (Or even if you don't.)

Here are those rocks I told you about before (New readers: the ones I'll tell you about in a minute).


The token is the same size as a one-euro coin. To me, the rock on the left is my first definitive arrowhead. The one in the middle is a clearly man or woman-made weapon. The one on the right must have been very satisfying to make all those millennia ago - look at the way the colour of the stone mirrors the shape of the (presumably) spearhead. A shame is was broken.

Here's what they look like when you turn them over:


Well I think they're interesting.

No comments: