Friday 2 April 2010

Goodbye "peasant"

Some of you will know all about the power of manifestation. Others will say: "Be careful what you wish for" without realising that they are acknowledging the very same unstoppable force. I won't go into detail - it's all out there on the interweb.

Why am I saying this? Because in my very first post, I mentioned going to France to "become a peasant". Recently, when it looked like the yurt project was finally dead, I even started a second blog called "peasant life". Around the same time, I changed my twitter name to bloodypeasant - trying to find the humour in what was observably a pretty dire situation.

For months now, we've been living not just like peasants, but as peasants. Scratching around for money, wearing clothes donated by the wonderful English Mafia, living very hand to mouth (no change there - it was just the same in England, only the overheads were higher), occasionally wailing, and might even have gnashed our teeth if we knew how.

But all that's changed. I've tweaked the ecovallee.com website to announce the 2010 offering (fewer frills - not quite easyyurt but not the most luxurious yurt camp in the world, either), changed my other blog name and my twitter name. We're not going to be peasants any more. (We've stopped that - it's silly.) We're going to be something infinitely more pleasant.

No comments: