Monday 13 June 2011

Yurt goes aroaming

Spent the last couple of days finishing the 12-foot Roaming Yurt in time for its first outing - a pre- and post-wedding yurt in the north of the Dordogne.

Good job I checked the email yesterday, just after I finished the tenons on the door uprights. It said they wanted the yurt today - not tomorrow as I thought (no wonder I was so relaxed). Which meant the paint on the door was still a bit wet when I put the yurt in the car.


And the cover still needs a couple of tweaks before it's completely perfect. Here it was this afternoon when I finished setting it up.


So if you need a yurt this summer and can't stay with us because WE'RE FULLY BOOKED UNTIL SEPTEMBER 3, you can always book the Roaming Yurt. It's more for couples than a family although the four of us lived in a 12-foot yurt for a few months. Depends how much space you think you need. Also ideal for an extra bedroom for extra special guests (or stick them in your own bed and sleep in it yourself).

Email for availability and to see if I'm in the mood for some kind of deal or other.

No comments: